Commercial Pilot School in Knoxville, TN
Flying is an amazing experience. And for those who love the thrill of flying, becoming a commercial pilot is the next step. Lucky for you, we have a top-rated commercial pilot school right here in Knoxville, TN. At The CAVU Pilot, we offer private pilot training, ground and flying lessons, and all the resources to become a commercial pilot.
Our flight training is the most thorough and cost-effective in Knoxville. You’ll have a great time learning in a fully customized class taught by our highly qualified instructors. We also use top-of-the-line aircraft that give excellent flying experiences so that lessons are simple and enjoyable.
What It Takes to Become a Commercial Pilot
It’s no secret that becoming a commercial pilot takes time and effort. But it’s worth it! Here are the basic steps you’ll need to take:
- Get private pilot training: This is the first and most important step in becoming a commercial pilot. We will teach you the basics of flying an aircraft, from take-off to landing.
- Get your pilot’s license: Once you’ve completed the private pilot training, you’ll need to get a license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We will help you on every step of the way.
- Pass an FAA physical test: All commercial pilots must pass a rigorous physical exam administered by the FAA.
- Pass a written exam: The final step in becoming a commercial pilot is to pass a written exam. They will test your knowledge of aviation law, safety procedures, etc. Don’t be afraid about the test; we guarantee you will receive all the knowledge you need to pass it.
Once you pass your exam, you get your commercial pilot’s license. This license allows you to fly passenger aircraft for a living. Again, we will help you with every step, from zero to hero.
Why You Should Enroll Our Program
There are many reasons to attend our commercial pilot school. Here are just a few:
- Highly qualified instructors: All our instructors are licensed by the FAA and have years of experience in the aviation industry. They will help you all the way long to make sure you’re on track to becoming a commercial pilot.
- Affordable program: We offer one of the most affordable commercial pilot programs in Knoxville. You’ll get high-quality flight training at an excellent price.
- Flexible class schedule: You can easily fit your flying lessons into your busy schedule. We offer classes during the day, evening, and on weekends.
- Customized program: We will create a program tailored specifically for you. You will learn at your time and in a way that best suits your needs.
- State-of-the-art aircraft: Our aircraft are some of the most advanced in Knoxville, TN. You’ll enjoy a great flying experience and learn quickly in our top-of-the-line planes.
We Assist You In Making Your Dreams Come True
At The CAVU Pilot, we are enthusiastic about assisting our students in achieving their goals. We know that becoming a commercial pilot is a major accomplishment, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Don’t put it off any longer. Today is the day to take the first step toward your flying ambition. Enroll in one of our courses now!
Finance Your Training
- The CAVU Pilot offers financing to students who wish to make payments rather than pay out of pocket.
- Click the start application button below and get approved in seconds.
Most frequent questions and answers
We fly out of the Knoxville Downtown Island Airport (KDKX) in Knoxville, TN. Come say hi!
To schedule a discovery flight or enroll in a flight course, simply contact us via this link or call (609) 661-5083. We will have you up in the sky in no time!
The average cost for a Private Pilot Certificate is $9,000-$12,000. Advanced pilot certificate costs range from $5,000-$15,000.
- Cessna 150: $125/hour
- Instructor Fee: $75/hour
Most regularly scheduled students can complete the rating between three to six months. Plan to fly at least twice a week to make sufficient progress and reduce costs.
We use Flight Schedule Pro to manage all reservations. Use this link to request access to the schedule.
While most resources can be found above, if you prefer a hard copy, you can download our Pilot Starter Kit Checklist which will provide links to buy the necessary material.
We offer a 10% aircraft rental discount for clients that enroll in our Legacy membership online.